May 17, 2013
Rebuild Your Jersey Shore Home Now
With many residents along the Long Beach Island and NJ Shore Mainland areas beginning to rebuild after the destruction superstorm Sandy left, it’s important that homeowners who need help rebuilding their homes not be overwhelmed with the conflicting information and changes to requirements and recommendations from FEMA. Stonehenge Building & Development is here to help. We’ve been building homes on LBI and the mainland for decades and have helped countless homeowners throughout the process. Here are some tips and advice from an experienced shore builder on how to rebuild your home:
- Make sure you’ve contacted all the necessary government and insurance for inspections before you get started. Here is a link to a website for New Jersey Builders Association that has valuable information for Hurricane Sandy Relief http://www.njba.org/sandy/index.php
- Once you are ready, contact a local builder who has a solid reputation and is experienced in building homes in the area you are rebuilding. Do not fall for out of area contractors who provide “hit-and-run” type services. They are not invested in your community like a local builder and are there only to make money and leave the problems that will come up later.
- Let your builder guide you in determining the best materials and design features for your family’s needs. A knowledgeable builder can provide much-needed advice at a time when you may not be able to focus.
- If your lot is 40’ be sure to check with your builder on new designs that will conform to this lot size. There are many design options out there including a beautiful Cape style home that we developed just for lots that are smaller.
- Let your builder coordinate the project with subcontractors and obtain the necessary permits for all work to be done on your home. This will save you valuable time that you can use to focus on your work and family.
Stonehenge Building and Development has been dedicated to helping our towns get back on their feet, right from the very beginning. It has been a long road, but we have seen tremendous progress in towns like Beach Haven West, Stafford Township and all along Long Beach Island. If you are ready to rebuild your Jersey Shore home now, our goal is to continue to help those rebuilding this summer. If you are a homeowner looking to raise or rebuild your home, please contact us for more information on our home designs or to get started.