Your home is your castle, so why not make your bathroom a luxurious retreat? When building a custom home, you have many options at your fingertips that allow you to create the home of your dreams. Don’t settle for the average run of the mill bathroom. Today, a bathroom is not just a necessity, it has become a relaxing room to escape and unwind. If you are building a custom home on Long Beach Island, you may be overwhelmed with the many options available to design your bathroom as a luxurious retreat; so we’ve compiled a great list of spectacular bathroom features for custom homes.
- Customized shower: Dual overhead showerheads, hand held sprayers and individualized wall shower jets are all options you can include in your shower. An open shower is also a new hot trend that originated in Europe. Be sure to add built in shelves and a bench to store your shampoo and soaps. Chromatherapy is also a new trend to help you to relax in the shower. Chromatherapy uses colored light to either energize or relax you. Fiber optic and halogen light pour from the same nozzle as the water. You can also add the healing power of crystals by adding Swarovski crystals around the perimeter. As you can see, a shower is now more than just a place to get clean.
- Freestanding soaker tubs: Many homebuyers are opting for a freestanding soaker tub, either floating in the middle of the room, or tucked in a perfect location near the shower. From Ball and Claw styles, to more modern shapes and sizes, climb right in and make sure you can stretch out comfortably! You can add water jets or air jet units to pulse the water and choose from acrylic or fiberglass finishes.
- Towel warmers: After getting out of the tub or shower, there’s nothing like wrapping yourself in a warm towel. Towel warmers can be electric or hydronic. Hydronic uses hot water from your home’s hot water supply. An alternative to towel warming rails is a warming drawer installed in your cabinetry. They can heat towels or a bathrobe to a comfortable temperature in about 15 minutes.
- Heated flooring: Having tiled, marble or stone floors in your master bath can be cold on your feet. Installing a radiant heating system eliminates the chill from the floor. You can install an electric radiant heat system or a water-heated system. They are installed between the subfloor and the finished floor to keep your feet warm and toasty.
- His and her sinks and closets: Two separate vanities and a divided walk-in-closet keep mornings running smoothly. Be sure to include a place to sit for her to get ready. You can even install electrical outlets inside the vanity drawers.
- Gas Fireplace: It is an inviting focal point, but provides heat as well. A fireplace in your master bathroom can be the perfect feature for providing ambiance and can complete the overall feeling of luxury and spa-like retreat you can create.
Stonehenge Building & Development can help you design the custom home of your dreams. Whether you are building on Long Beach Island, or on the mainland, if you can dream it, we can build it. For more information on bathroom features, or building your custom home, please contact us today.